Elf Stocking Template Set
It's that time of year but even so.....
Stockings aren't just for Christmas anymore - think Mother's Day or Valentine's Day, add some flowers or a cute stuffed animal and hang it on a door.
This Template Set includes:
- a Cute 12" x 16.5" 'Elf' Stocking
- Martelli's 4" Circle Template
- Martelli's exclusive No Slip Backing
This Elf Stocking can quickly and easily turn into something fun, silly, cute, or frilly - or really dressy!
Perfect for anyone including that 14 year going on 21. And I bet you know several little princesses that could use a special made-just-for-them stocking!
The 4" Circle Template is perfect for an added monogram or to fussy cut vfrom a favorite fabric.
Your fabric choice dictates the look so choose something simple like their favorite princess fabrics from cottons, flannels and polar fleece or something extravagant like silk dupioni, taffeta, velvet and velour.
Embellishments can totally change it up so think lace, ric-rac, beads, buttons, tassels, pom poms - the list is endless!
Secrets to Successful Cutting & Sewing around a Curved Template?
- Cutting - Place the template on one piece of fabric, grab a marking pencil and trace all around. Then grab Martelli's 45mm or 28mm Rotary Cutter and cut around as much as you can. (You won't be able to get into the top curved area.) Remove the template. With a sharp pair of scissors, cut any area not cut by the rotary cutter.
- Sewing - Pin this piece to the other uncut piece. Use the cut piece as your stitching guide!
What to do with the 4" Circle template?
- Add a Monogram
- Add a coordinating fabric
- Feature something and
- Fussy Cut from their favorite fabrics
- Fussy Cut their favorite princess
- ....or print a photo on fabric of the special girl that this will be going to!
Be sure to watch my Fussy Cutting Circles Video at www.youtube.com/lindavideos.
Click on Playlists then Circles & Flowers. Look for Fussy Cutting Circles.
~ Time to grab those special fabrics and get stitching!